A recent study found that the average human attention span has fallen from 12 seconds in 2000 (or around the time smartphones hit the scene) to eight seconds today. In today’s over-saturated, information-overloaded digital world, marketers need smart strategies for making the most of the eight-second attention span.
Wondering how to catch and sustain your customer’s attention and prevent your messages from being lost in the pool of several others? These 4 things will get you started.
Tip #1: Make your online business mobile-friendly.
These 3 big statistics prove the importance of mobile-friendliness in catching the attention of your business and making them glued to your brand.
1. 52.2% of all website traffic is generated from mobile phones.
2. 61% of consumers say they’re more likely to purchase from mobile-friendly sites.
3. 66% of emails are read on a smartphone or tablet.
Tip #2 Videos always do the trick, leverage the power of video marketing
The following statistics reveal the power of video marketing on delivering desired objectives on your digital marketing campaigns.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- Social video generates 12 times more shares than text and images combined.
- Views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube as of June 2017 and the number has doubled in 2019.
Tip #3 Share only content that is relevant to your market
In today’s information-overloaded digital space, what’s more frustrating than being bombarded with information that isn’t relevant to you?
Your customer is just a click away from getting away from such irrelevant messages, they can either unfollow you, unsubscribe from your newsletter or report you as spam.
Segment your audience and only send the right communications to each segment.
Tip #4 Utilize the power of mobile through SMS campaign
Statistics about Sms marketing that suggests you should still pay attention to it for your business
- While not everyone has a smartphone with internet access, 5 billion people in the world can send and receive SMS messages.
- 75% of consumers are OK with receiving SMS messages from brands (after they’ve opted in).
- SMS messages have a whopping 98% open rate
Need quality content and digital marketing strategies that will deliver your 2020 marketing goals?
Visit us on www.rinetng.com/contact-us to get started.